The benefits of running in the morning for the health of the body need not be doubted. When done regularly, running in the morning can increase energy and stamina to be productive throughout the day. Not only that, there are many other benefits of running in the morning that you need to know.
The weather was cool and the mind is still fresh may be one reason why most people prefer to run in the morning than in the afternoon. In addition, running in the morning can also provide many benefits, both for physical and mental health.
Various Benefits of Running in the Morning
If done regularly and regularly, there are many benefits of running in the morning that you can get, including:
1. Increase body energy and stamina
Starting the day with a routine morning run can increase energy and stamina . By exercising regularly early, you may feel more energized and motivated to be more active throughout the day.
Not only that, physical activity in the morning, including running, can also improve focus and concentration, so you can be more prepared and excited to have a productive day.
2. Helps improve mood
The benefit of the second morning run is as a mood booster or mood enhancer.
When you exercise, your body releases a variety of chemicals in your brain, including dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins , which improve your emotions and mood. In addition, exercise can also balance stress hormone levels in the body.
Therefore, starting the day with exercise, such as a morning run, can be the right choice to build a good mood and positive energy throughout the day.
3 . Control your appetite
Running in the morning regularly can also control appetite. Several studies have shown that exercising in the morning helps control appetite by reducing the hunger-stimulating hormone (ghrelin) and increasing the satiety hormone (leptin).
With a more controlled appetite level, the desire to eat or snack more can also be avoided, so that weight is maintained.
4. Improve sleep quality
Another benefit of running in the morning that you should not miss is that it can improve sleep quality.
With a regular morning run, you will feel sleepy faster at night, so you will stay up less often. Therefore, for those of you who have trouble sleeping or insomnia , try running in the morning for at least 30 minutes every day.
5. Reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease
Several studies have shown that regular morning jogging can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, including heart disease, stroke , and high blood pressure (hypertension).
In addition to the various benefits above, running in the morning and exercising regularly are also good for increasing memory, strengthening joints and muscles of the body, and increasing libido.
Tips to Get the Maximum Benefits of Morning Running
To start your morning running routine, follow these tips so you can get the most out of your morning run and reduce the risk of injury:
- Get a good night's sleep so you can wake up early.
- Breakfast with snacks that are rich in carbohydrates and protein, such as bread, oatmeal , or bananas accompanied by eggs, yogurt , or milk.
- Make sure to wear comfortable sports clothes and running shoes .
- Drink plenty of water before, during, and after running.
- Warm up before running.
- Choose a bright and safe running area, if you are running outdoors.
- Avoid running while listening to music too loud, so you can stay alert and pay attention to your surroundings.
- Gradually increase the intensity and duration of your run.
- Invite friends to run in the morning together to make it more fun and increase self-motivation to keep running regularly.
- Immediately rest and stop running, if you experience certain injuries or complaints, such as muscle pain or cramps, weakness, dizziness, or headaches when running.
Although running in the morning has several advantages, it does not mean that running in the afternoon does not bring many benefits. You can feel the benefits of running in the morning or running in the afternoon if you do it regularly and consistently.
So, you can determine the time to exercise that suits your needs, personal schedule, lifestyle, and sleep habits. The most important thing is to exercise before 10 am or between 4 pm and 7 pm.
Also make sure to give a time lag between exercise and sleep at night, at least 1 hour, so as not to interfere with sleep quality.
If you still have questions about the benefits of running in the morning or if you have certain conditions, you can consult a doctor to determine a safe exercise and a suitable time, according to your body condition and health.